Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leprechaun’s kicked my booty this year.

The 65-degree St. patty’s Day is what started the hot debauchery in the first place. I vowed that I would not go out for St. Patty’s day this year (or at least wait to go out after work), but then after confirming the weather for St. Patty’s day…I had to go. No if, ands or buts. It’s usually freezing cold, and miserable. Not 65 and sunny.

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and St. Patrick’s Day was all mine. I didn’t even drink that much, but what killed me was the one cup of tea and shamrock cookie I ate for breakfast, it wasn’t what I ate that was stupid, it was that was the only thing I ate ALL day!

I also need to remind myself regularly that you drink beer OR liquor. Do not mix; it always ends in bad memories, no memories or the worst headache. I should just stick with my good friends Red Bull and Vodka and I’ll always be happy, they never let me down.

At some point in the day. I am having trouble justifying whom I talked to and why I had several random numbers texting me the next day, but whatever the day was all in good fun. Besides if you aren’t memorable to me even when I am drunk, you probably aren’t someone I want to talk to anyway. Mean, probably? I’ll admit it.

This St. Patrick’s Day did one thing missing: my Grandpa, but I was sure to celebrate in style to make him proud. As he would have said. “If you’re lucky enough to be Irish, you’re lucky enough” and I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment