Monday, March 2, 2009

My "Perfect" Mate Checklist (if it is possible)


I read another blog today that motivated me to write a list of the things I want in my future man other than the obvious, good family/friends, stable job/income, funny/smart, respects me. Those are obvious things and normal, right?

Here it goes and in no particular order.

He...

has to be able to make me laugh at anytime, laugh at me and with me. Laughter is very important to me

has to love animals, kids, old people and my dog.

has to be able to have fun with or without drinking. With that goes being able to handle their alcohol. It’s called pacing yourself.

needs to have his own life, but also know that he has to be willing to be a part of my life at times and be okay with making sacrifices.

must have read the Giving Tree (my favorite Children’s book), and seen the movie, Elf.

is Irish (it isn’t a deal breaker, but it would be nice)

is partial to the names Zooey and Violet for girls and Rian and Rylan for boys

understands I am stubborn and can’t argue, but I will try to argue and that makes everything worse, always…

must enjoy traveling (and believe that getting away every 3 months is crucial to our sanity)

understands that I want a crazy purple wedding…small or big it doesn’t matter as long as it is purple and with the man I love, of course.

volunteers their time to a good cause every once in awhile.

is polite to my friends and treats them well (that is really high up there)

likes themed parties because I plan to have them at our house, often

doesn’t smoke

likes Cleveland sports (this might be difficult if I move out of Cleveland)


1 comment: